Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mmmmm, green beans

I've had every intention of starting Kamdyn on baby food for a couple of weeks now. But, I want to TRY to make our baby food this time around, and I just kept putting actually making the food off. Well, I finally got myself together this week and got some baby food made. Yay for me! It was super easy to do and didn't take as long as I thought it would with the processor. There is definitely much more work involved, and I'm sure I would much rather just open a jar of already made baby food, but I'm going to do my best to stick with it. Like I said, it's not hard, and it didn't take too long, it's just a matter of getting it done. I started Kamdyn with quite possibly one of the grossest foods out there in a baby's mind (and I'm sure many adults)....green beans. Eli got a lot of the fruits first and consequently totally hates vegetables, so I'm starting at the other end this time. Don't know if it will make any difference at all, but it can't hurt to try. So far she doesn't seem to mind them; I wouldn't say she totally loves them, but she doesn't know anything better:) She is still a total mess when she eats, but she is slowly starting to get a little bit better. Maybe by the time she's 5 she will be able to manage getting the majority of her food in her mouth:)


All of our delicious canned green beans drained and rinsed ready to go in the food processor for the first time.
Kamdyn was a big help. Eli was in his room playing with his Uncle Ross and his cousin James. They were much too busy destroying Eli's room to care much about what I was doing in the kitchen.
Yummy.....processed green beans!
5 cans of green beans gave us two trays and about 4 jars of baby food. Not too bad. As little as Kamdyn eats right now, one "green bean ice cube" is about one meal for her so it's perfect.
First taste of the green goodness
Not entirely sure what the heck I spiked her rice cereal with. Thinking..." this doesn't taste the way I remember!"
Kamdyn was more interested in being the dinner entertainment for our friends Mike and Lucy who were over for dinner that night.
Good eating....fistful of rice cereal and green beans.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! hilarious photos! Kamdyn has a green bumbo just like Munchkin! Too cute! I'm getting so excited to start Munchkin on solids...I want to make our own food too...you just inspired me!

    ReplyDelete