Friday, August 13, 2010

Today

Two years ago today Brian was getting ready to start his first day of school on his first day at Maize. I, being 9 months pregnant, was pretty convinced I was going to be pregnant forever and was getting ready to face yet another day of the belly. I woke up at 3:30 that morning with some cramps. Didn't think much of it, but kind of wondered if it was a contraction (as a first time pregnant woman with Eli, I always laughed when people asked if I had had any contractions......who the heck knows!!! I had never had a contraction before so I had NO idea what the heck they felt like). But since I was convinced Eli was never coming, I didn't think that could possibly be it. I decided to time them. From the start they were about 7 minutes apart. After about 2 hours, I decided that it must be the real thing and decided to wake Brian up at 5:30.

It was a joke in our house that Eli would be born on the first day of school. Especially since Brian was a new teacher in a new district. I know Brian was keeping his fingers crossed that he was born before he started, but things rarely work out the way we want them too:). I woke Brian up by saying..."babe, I don't think you're going to be making it into work today. I think we're going to have Elijah today." Brian then asked me some questions about my contractions and said..."I'd like to say I'm sorry babe, but I'm not...this is AWESOME!":) Gotta love his excitement. So off to Wesley we went. The rest of the day passed by in a blur, but 12 hours after contractions started, a very successful epidural (legs were totally numb until the next morning) ,and a forceps delivery later, Elijah James entered this world kicking and screaming. He's still going strong today:).


Now instead of the kicking and screaming newborn, he's a wild and crazy toddler who still thinks he's little enough to fit into his sister's baby toys.
Happy 2nd Birthday Elijah! We love you so much. God was smiling down on us the day he blessed us with the most perfect little boy we have in you. We are so blessed and so thankful to have you in our lives. My how different life would be without you around! You bring joy to us each and every day and we look forward to seeing the man God turns you into as you grow. You make our lives such an interesting journey and we are looking forward to many many many more years exploring life with you.

Love,
Mommy and daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment