Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The smell of pine sol makes me happy

It's probably really sad that the smell of pine sol does indeed make me happy, and that I would actually say that out loud to all of you, but it's true. I love Tuesdays (this is my "floor cleaning" day) because I know the house will smell like pine sol. Interestingly enough, I actually hate cleaning the floors. Sweeping, mopping, and vaccumming are my least favorite "chore", but I can make myself do it weekly (most of the time) just because I know the house will smell like pine sol. Maybe I should just seek out a pine sol scented candle:)

Sorry for the lack of blogging on here. The kids and I just haven't been doing anything real new or exciting recently. I was telling a friend the other day that I feel like I've been hibernating all winter long. It's been so cold for parts of this winter, the kids and I haven't done anything but hang around the house. We run a few errands in the morning, then just hang out and destroy the house and ensure that mommy is going to step on toys in the kitchen at least three times while I'm fixing dinner. That being said, I am so ready for spring! I'm ready to come out of hibernation and enjoy the great outdoors with the kiddos.

Until I get my pictures off my camera, I don't have any new "eye candy" for you all. So for now, I am just going to leave you with some random thoughts rolling around in my head.

Spring fever has hit me around here. I've been moving from room to room cleaning out and de-cluttering. After being in the house all winter long, I've noticed all the things that I want to get rid of or throw away. It's amazing the amount of stuff we accumulate!! I'm far from being finished with my winter purge, but then again, this is an ongoing process with me.....I hate clutter and stuff just sitting around that we don't use. I have all these visions in my head of the way things are going to look when I am done with them. Scary:) I also have big plans to paint the kid's bathroom and laundry room over spring break. Can't wait!

Whenever we play in the backyard, I have to pick up dog poop. This probably isn't a bad thing, but it cracks me up that it's such a big deal anymore. We (meaning Brian because I was pretty much never in the back yard before) used to pick up poop only about twice a year. Gross, I know. We used to always tease that it was time to pick up poop when Jake had to dodge his own "land mines" to go out to the bathroom:) Eli is the reason I have to pick it up now. He gets super concerned about Jake's poop, and won't really play on his swing set unless the poop is picked up around it. He will just sit at the top of his slide and say, "mommy, jake's poop." If I miss any, he points it out for me so make sure we get it gone. I can't really say I blame the kid. I would hate to have to worry about stepping in a big pile of poop while I'm playing. I told Brian that he better be glad that Eli is so concerned about the poop, because it gets him out of picking it up every time since he's not home.

We bought our house intentionally with the basement unfinished because we knew we wanted to do it ourselves. We didn't use the basement in our old house a ton, so we figured it wouldn't really be that big of a deal. Man, I wish our basement was finished now. For some reason, it is Eli's favorite place to go. However, it's my least favorite. It's a disaster down there and cold. I hate to go down there, and he always wants to go down there. But, I win out, and we don't go down often:) But I am looking forward to having it finished so I actually WANT to spend more time down there. As I've mentioned before, I'm a very organized person, so the basement kind of drives me nuts. Since it is unfinished, I do okay with leaving it a total mess most of the time, but I long for the day when it's organized and picked up. The chaos is starting to drive me crazy!! I can envision it all finished and exactly how I want it to look:) I can see my scrapbook room/office totally organized and put together. I can see the boxes from our old house gone and emptied and places for all of our stuff. Now, I'm just waiting as patiently as I can until I can actually go go work whipping the basement into shape:)

I am addicted to the show "The Bachelor". Totally ridiculous, I know. Those relationship hardly ever work out. It surprises me that the couples are always shocked when things don't work out:) The show is such a fantasy. These people get to travel all over and go on the these absolutely amazing dates.....not usually really realistic to real life. Some people may get to do stuff like that sometimes, but not all the time. So why is it so surprising to them when things don't work out when they actually get back to the "real world" with each other. The real world where they may just get to go to dinner and a movie, and they both have to go to work, they have shared spaces and habits they never knew about that they have to deal with, ect. Anyways, even though I've always felt the show is totally unrealistic, I still watch it. I'm such a romantic and can't help but get pulled into it all. This season is down to the last two girls and I can't wait to see what happens! I always hope that somehow the relationship will work out. So far, in the history of the bachelor and bachelorette, there have been two marriages from the show. Can't remember how many seasons they have had, but it's been WAY more than 2:)

Soccer season has officially started again. Brian started tryouts on Monday for the girls season. I am not a "soccer widow" once again. Really, it's not that bad. We just get used to having Brian around every evening and earlier in the day after school. Now he will have practice and be gone at least two evenings a week for games. I'm excited to soccer season though. I actually really enjoy going to his games and always tell him that I look forward to girls season even more because it signifies, to me, the beginning of spring:)

Well, I probably better get myself off the bed now and get productive for the day. I promise to try to be better about updating this thing for you all in the future. I haven't taken many pictures recently, but I have plans to start keeping my camera with me so I can capture the cute things the kids to and our everyday life. Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment