Monday, March 7, 2011

You're just jealous because you can't be this cool:)

I make a conscience effort everyday to get myself up before the kids and get myself put together for the day. Even though I stay home, I try to not just lounge around in sweats and a t-shirt everyday. Don't get me wrong, there are always at least a couple of days a week that are my standard "comfy" days, but I try hard to make myself look and feel nice each day. Not just for myself, but for my wonderful hubs who drags himself out of bed every morning to go to work so I can stay home with the kids. I figure I gotta make myself still look good for him even though I stay home and often end up with slobber, spit up and food all over me by the end of the day (what can I say, I'm a messy eater:))

Anyways, it has recently come to my attention, that some of the things I do, or fashion statements I make when I'm just bumming around the house are a little ridiculous. Most of the time, I manage to make it out of the house totally presentable, but someone of my "housewear" fashions are a little silly and would look really special in public. This past Friday I was wearing my leggings with my boots over them. I always wear socks with my shoes, but I hate my shoes on in the house. So I just had my leggings on with my nice white socks pulled all the way up to the bottom of the leggings. Listen, I used to wear the stir-up leggings with slouch socks, but I gotta say, that's not the same look I'm managing to pull off. And, that's not even considered cool right now (I'm secretly hoping it stays that way too!) It is also not unusual to find me walking around the house in the spring with capris and socks on with my slip on flats. This looks so ridiculous. A couple of months ago, I had some big old baggy sweats (the ones with elastic at the bottom, by the ankles) on and put my knee high black Uggs over them to trudge to the store. Hey, it was snowy, and freezing outside. I was later informed by my darling husband that it looked a little silly and I shouldn't go out in public like that.

Oh well, thankfully the kids don't care:) It's a good thing What not to wear doesn't secretly film me and what I wear around the house. I would be a candidate for a show for sure. I'm comfortable enough in my own skin that I don't really care how silly I may look sometimes, and I will always be the first to laugh at myself. I just hope that our kids grow up comfortable in who they are the the bodies that God gave them. I love the innocence of a child. The complete comfort in whatever they are wearing (or not wearing). I could dress the kids in totally unmatched, clashing clothes and they would be just as comfortable in public as they are in the house.

This picture would be much more effective in catching the "awesomeness" of the outfit if I was standing. But you'll just have to use your imaginations. Or maybe you all might get lucky and stop by sometime when this is the look I'm sporting and see how cool I look:)

It's hot, I know..... Not everyone can pull this off:)

No comments:

Post a Comment