Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Eli has recently become very interested in all things moving. Specifically, planes, trains, and car/trucks. It is very rare to make it through a trip to the store without hearing "BUS" or "PLANE" from the backseat. He is so observant and spots those things from a mile away. He calls pretty much any truck or bus a bus, but he is right on with the planes. Anyways, my guilty conscience finally got the best of me. I have been promising Eli a blanket for a while now, and I just haven't done it. So, this past weekend we went to Jo-Ann fabrics to look for some fun fabric for him. I wanted to get some train fabric because out of all things moving, trains are his favorite. He goes nuts over trains! I really just intended to look, I wasn't planning on buying anything. I spotted some Thomas the train fabric right away and Eli went nuts. We put it back and kept looking, but next thing I know, Brian and Eli come rolling up to me and Eli is holding onto his train fabric just jabbering away about it:). So, we found a few other fabrics and were set to go. Eli was so stinkin' cute. He hated to part with his fabric, so as soon as we got in the car, he wanted his Thomas the train fabric back. He held it the whole way home. Then when we got home, he was just dragging it through the house and laying down on top of it and jabbering away about Thomas the train. So funny! Brian informed me that I better have a fast turn around with that blanket:). So, I worked very hard on that stinkin' blanket to get it done fast. And finished it is!!! It was well worth the work, Eli loves that blanket. Every time he gets it out, he talks about it and wants to be covered up and cuddled. If I got those kind of reactions for all of my sewing projects, I would probably do way more:)

Total contentment!

No comments:

Post a Comment