Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

Just wanted to tell one of the most amazing women I know; the best mommy out there, and a wonderful nana to my darling kiddos Happy Birthday! So....Happy birthday momma!!!

I am so blessed and thankful to have you as my mom:) I've always loved and admired you, but the older I've gotten the more I appreciate all you have done and still do for me and the kids. You are wonderful and I couldn't ask for a better mom! I wouldn't be the woman and mom I am today if it weren't for you:)

*Thanks for loving our kids unconditionally and spoiling them rotten! (may not always like this, but it's the way it should be with grandparents)
*Thanks for making time for us; I can't imagine trying to balance all the hats you have to wear (mom to 2 teenagers (busy ones at that:)), nana, and career woman:))
*And thanks for always being there for me WHENEVER I needed you
i.e.
*Missing the first day of school for the birth of your grandson:) (Eli....you couldn't have picked a better birthday for a family full of educators!)
*I will never forget when I moved away to college for a semester and was so homesick (i'm such a homebody, what can I say....I missed the "loves to travel" gene of the rest of my family). You made it a point to call in a check on me almost everyday early on. But the one thing I will never forget is when you came to visit me. You drove 2.5 hours on a Monday night, after a board meeting, to come see me for 2 hours....then you drove 2.5 hours home that night. Thanks mom!

Happy Birthday! Love you!!!





This was one of my favorite pictures of my mom and I at our wedding. I'm not so sure it was one of her favorites, but I liked it, so it made the cut:) Sadly, this may be the best, most recent picture I have of me and my mom:(

No comments:

Post a Comment