Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dips

I love all things chocolate. So a little tradition of the women in Brian's family is one of my favorites. Every year (sometime after Thanksgiving) we get together to make chocolates. The centers are made the day before (I have yet to help with this part....maybe next year:)) and then the next morning we dip the centers in chocolate. So yummy. The first year I was a "family dip" I wasn't sure how I would like playing around in chocolate, I don't really like messy hands. It was actually a lot of fun, and it's even better when you get to sample the chocolates you are dipping. It's a good thing we only do this once a year, I would get outrageously fat eating chocolates every day. I have no self control when it comes to sweets in the kitchen.....this time of year is dangerous for me:)


In the middle of the dipping process. We get warm chocolate on the counter and roll the centers in it. We do this over and over:)
Hard at work....I was dipping my oreo bon bons for our Christmas plates to the neighbors, the ones in front of me are cherry centers waiting to be dipped.
Virginia was busy cutting the carmels. YUM, my favorite!!
All done. We had a ton of chocolates, there was more over to the left. Good thing I give a lot of ours away:)

1 comment: