Friday, December 31, 2010

Gingerbread house

I decided to get brave and try out a gingerbread house with Eli this year. I figured he would do fine with it, it was just me not wanting to do something quite so messy with a two year old that has held me back before:) I'm a very clean person, and I hate messes, so the idea of doing a gingerbread house just seemed like a lot of work for me. But, I decided to suck it up this year. I'm so glad I did. Eli loved working on his house. He didn't even make too big of a mess (he is so his mother's son:)). This will probably have to become a yearly tradition. Next time I will even let Kamdyn join us...this year she happily played all over the floor getting into mischief so we could decorate our house.

I have to say that I was very impressed that Eli didn't try to eat any of the candy until I told him he could have a gum drop. I was shocked....he loves gum drops so I didn't figure they would manage to stay out of his mouth.


Thankfully we were pretty much done with the house by the time I told him he could have a gum drop. He wouldn't stop eating them after the first one and I had to take them away. He wasn't too pleased. It's all fun and games until mom takes away the gum drops!
Our beautiful finished product. For next year I have a gingerbread train. So fun! Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment