Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thankful

Since it's December 1st, I thought I would blog about our Thanksgiving:) This is what happens when I'm too lazy to get the pictures off of my camera......two weeks between posts. But, don't worry, I have lots of posts up my sleeves for the coming months!

Our Thanksgiving was great. Thanksgiving isn't one of my favorite holidays....mostly because turkey is probably my least favorite "holiday food." I'm a ham girl through and through. I still eat it and enjoy it, but I just don't look forward to it like I do Christmas dinner. BUT, I lucked out this year and got two thanksgiving meals that didn't involve turkey:) Delicious food non-the-less. I think I probably gained a few pounds from two meals. We had some yummy prime rib at Brian's parent's house, and chicken and noodles (one of my personal favorite foods of all time!) at my mom's house. Yum-o!!

We have so much to be thankful for this year (just like every other year too.....we truly have been blessed).

First and foremost I'm thankful for this man that God put in my life. Such a great hubs and amazing daddy. I'm thankful that he knows this mama is often at her breaking point with the kids by the end of the day and stays home and plays with them while I escape the chaos and get out with just the babe. He deals with other people's nutso kids all day long and is still awesome about coming home and playing with our nutso kids everyday (he has quickly become their favorite.....think it has something to do with the fact that he lets them crawl all over him, throws them onto pillows, and just really pays attention to them (helps that he doesn't have daily house upkeep to do!!)) He is pretty amazing:) I'm thankful that he has a good job that pays the bills and gives him so much time off during the year (the kids love this too!).
I'm thankful for family......for great-grandparents that have the opportunity and the ability to love on and watch our kids. Because really, great-grandparents are pretty awesome.
For food on the table, everyday. One of those things that I know I just take for granted. I've never once gone hungry, and that alone is a major blessing. Even our horribly picky 3 year old goes to bed with a full belly every night.
I'm thankful for this sweet baby boy. While adding a third kiddo to our mix has been an adjustment and total chaos:), he is absolutely perfect. Can't picture our lives without him in it. I love him so much and he's already growing up way to fast for me. This face.......so. stinking. cute.
I'm thankful for one child who isn't a particular eater. She makes me smile. This one is a firecracker, but she sure brings lots of joy. She oozes sweetness from every pore of her body (starting to get mixed in with some sour too, but she usually redeems herself very quickly). And she LOVES her food:) She was eating everything her big brother wasn't.
I'm thankful for Aunts and Uncles to play with our kids. Our kids are lucky because they have lots of loving aunts and uncles her in town. And lots of cousins. Family get-togethers are loud, but so fun.
I'm thankful for this boy. Our firstborn......very stubborn. Oh how he tests me daily. Toddlerhood is not a good stage for me, and this kid gives me a run for my money, but I love him so. And man does he say the funniest things!
I'm thankful for sweet moments between family.
And for little girls who are goofy and find no greater joy than putting on her grandpa's boots and trotting through the house (as best as she could...those things were as tall as her legs!) You gotta watch your shoes around this one. It's starting young, she loves to wear other people's shoes around the house:)
I'm thankful for so many wonderful grandparents to spoil on our kids. And they all live here, double bonus.So many blessings. Such a great day full of food and family. Now we can move on to the Christmas season! Wanna take any bets on how long it will take me to get the house decorated?? I'll give you a hint......It's December 1st and while our tree is out, it's not decorated.....the stockings and everything else is still in the attic.

No comments:

Post a Comment