Sunday, February 21, 2010

Seriously....could you be a bigger help:)

One of Eli's new favorite pastimes is pulling all of the diapers out of the diaper drawer. He tries to get away with it when I'm in the room, but is never very successful. So.......he now does it when I'm doing other things and am not keeping an eye on him; mainly when I'm feeding his sister. He's a smart kid. He knows I won't follow him out of the room and will have at least 15-20 mintues to get into whatever kind of mischief he can. I guess I should be thankful he's keeping himself entertained, but this is not what I had in mind. This just equals twice as much work for mommy. I've even found diapers down the stairs a few times. He's got a room full of toys to play with and the place he always runs off to is the diaper drawer where he knows he's not supposed to play.

I definitely need some prayer for patience with this kiddo. Eli is a great kid, very loving, and overall a good listener. That is, until you tell him no or pull him away from something he wants. He follows commands great, but when you say no or stop he just turns a deaf ear. I'm just about to my wits end with trying to figure out an effective way of disciplining him. I know he's still so young, but I think he needs to start listening. I think that a lot of it has to do with the fact that he's figured out Kamdyn is here to stay. He is still great with her and more loving than I could ever hope for (to her at least:)), but I've noticed changes in his behavior. He's always been a mamma's boy, but has always been a very independent player. Now he is very clingy. He has to be in the same room as Brian or I almost all the time and whenever I'm not holding Kamdyn, he wants to be held. When he gets upset or angry he throws things and hits. Very frustrating!

But through all the frustrations, he still brings a smile to my face for all of his silliness. As much as I can't stand him pulling diapers out of the drawer, it's pretty funny to walk into the room to find him sitting on the floor surrounded by diapers. And even though this child is very strong willed, he is still so loving and will give you a hug or a kiss whenever you ask. It melts my heart. Now, if I can just manage to make it through the toddler years (who am I kidding, the tweens and teen years too), it will be a miracle.

Lord, thank you for this head strong little boy who is a blessing in our lives in more ways than one. Please grant me the patience to deal with my blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment