Thursday, February 4, 2010

These Days

These days are spent much more differently than I used to spend my days. Sure, I'm used to chasing after a toddler and taking care of the house and picking up toys after stepping on them all day long, but my days seem so much more full these days. It's one of those situations where everyday seems like it goes so fast, but so slow at the same time. I think a big reason for that is all this gray weather. I'm so sick of the gray skies. I can handle the cold, but give me a little sunshine please. Anyways, while my days are spent much of the same way they used to be, they are also spent so differently.

These days:

I empty our diaper genie every other day
I go through 216 wipes at least every 1 1/2 -2 weeks
I feel like I say no constantly
Have a kid attached to me somehow at least 16-18 hours a day
Push the crib musical toys 5 or 6 times during a diaper change
Change a TON of diapers
I am constantly fetching or putting things away (ex: Eli has discovered the diaper holder and now thinks it's "fun" to pull out all of Kamdyn's diapers if I'm not in the room)
I have 2 extra loads of laundry a week (doesn't sound like much, but it makes a difference when you are putting it all away!)
I am always looking at baby stuff (car seat, bouncy chair, pacis, burp rags) scattered all over the house: my OCD cleanliness has definitely had to take a backseat for the last couple of weeks. It's impossible to keep this house clean or somewhat clean and clutter free until bedtime.
I am the "be gentle" ref
I feel somewhat like a cow (from the nursing, not the baby weight still on:))
I've had to discover new ways of picking up a toddler while nursing a newborn (probably pretty entertaining to watch)

There are so many other ways my days have changed too. And while my days seem totally chaotic and I sometimes count the hours and minutes until bedtime, I wouldn't change it for the world. Brian and I are so incredibly blessed with our lives and our children and I'm so thankful to be experiencing all the chaos that comes with children. I may lose my sanity some days, but Eli and Kamdyn are our pride and joy and every hug or kiss or smile I get makes my job so very worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment