Sunday, February 21, 2010

Well baby checks

I took both of the kids to the doctor on Thursday for their well-baby checks. Eli had his 18th month check and Kamdyn had her 1 month. I can't believe how fast time flies! I can' believe it's already been 1 month (over a month now) since we brought our baby girl into this world. It seems like just the other day that I was taking Eli to his 1 month check-up. Now he uses the doctor's office as his own personal jungle gym. I'm pretty sure I could have left him in that office and he would have been in heaven. He doesn't have to go back until he's 2 now. That's only 6 months away!!!!

Anyways, both kids are looking great and growing like weeds. Eli was 26 pounds 14 ounces and 32 inches long. Kamdyn was up to 9 pounds 4 ounces and 20 3/4 inches long. I couldn't believe how much she weighed. I know 9 pounds doesn't sound like too much yet, but I don't think she looks like she weighs that much at all. I was thinking she would be somewhere around 8 1/2 pounds. I'm obviously a bad guesser. Her PaPa Huton says that she must be gaining that extra weight in her cheeks. She's got some big chipmunk cheeks. But so does Eli; better to store all those chicken nuggets in:). Now that she's in the 9 pound range, she is finally fitting into her newborn clothes. I think that I might even be able to try to move her up to some 0-3 month stuff in a few weeks. Kamdyn goes back at 2 months for another check and her first round of shots. We will see what she's up to then.

No comments:

Post a Comment