Monday, April 19, 2010

Rag Quilt

I ran across a pattern for a quilt a while ago that I thought looked really fun and cute. It's a rag quilt. So, I looked up the pattern online. The best part about this quilt is that it is SO easy to make. It didn't take me any time at all to put it together. I had originally planned on making this quilt for Eli. I already made a quilt for Kamdyn before she was born, so I have been wanting to make a quilt for Eli. Well, my intentions were to make him a quilt, but once i got the the fabric section, I saw all of this adorable fabric that was definitely more girly. So.....I decided to give the quilt a shot first for Kamdyn. Then if it turned out cute, I would make one for Eli. Lucky for me Eli doesn't really care, otherwise I would probably feel really bad about this. I truly had good intentions, but they just don't make as many cute fabric options that are "boyish". So, the girl wins out again. But...... I have looked at some different stores since then and found some pretty good "boy" fabrics, so Eli's quilt won't be too far behind. Anyways, here are some shots of Kamdyn's rag quilt. Love the way it turned out.
The only thing I really hated about making this quilt was cutting up around all the edges so that it would "rag". It's not hard to do, just tedious and my poor hand got tired. But it was all worth it in the end. But I don't think I will ever use this pattern to make a very big quilt:)

No comments:

Post a Comment