Monday, August 25, 2014

She's 90

Yesterday my grandma turned 90.  90 folks.  That's awesome.  I can only hope I will live to see 90 years....and that our children will too.  And she's still doing relatively well for being the ripe young age of 90!  This past year has been a rough one on her, but she's hanging in there:)  She also happens to share a birthday with Parker.  I seriously had no idea of this fact for almost three years (awesome granddaughter, I know;)).   And Parker is seriously one of the happiest kids I have ever known....I don't think this is a coincidence!  They both bring much joy to those around them.

Anyways, we celebrated this huge milestone with her last weekend with the family.  We all went to dinner at Newport Grill (amazing place....if you haven't been go....just maybe not with 7 kids, just barely 6 and under!!)  It was definitely a little crazy with all the kids there.  But overall, they all did a fabulous job for being at such a nice restaurant.  We only had to go outside and burn off some energy a few times:)  And they gave us the banquet room, so we were secluded from the rest of the place....that helped too.  It was a great evening, although a loud one, celebrating grandma! 










 Grandpa is almost 91, and still going strong!!  While he can rarely remember all the kids names and who belongs to who (psshhh.....I have a hard time with this, and four of them are mine!!)  he gets the biggest kick out of all the kids, and I think we make his day when he gets to see his great-grandchildren.


 Grandma got some fancy new tennis shoes for her birthday.  Because when you're 90 you deserve to have some fabulous bright shoes on your feet!  And Charles liked them too:)

 And the whole bunch!  I need to do some edited of this so it's brighter and you can actually see all of our faces....but proof that we were all there celebrating!



 After dinner we thought it would be fun to "try" to snag a picture of all the kids together.  This is most definitely not the best one I got, but it's the one I clicked.  Bodies count....they aren't all looking, or smiling, but they are all in the picture.  Success!!
 And I snagged this adorable one of  some of the cutest nephews around.  Seriously, these boys....
 And a couple of my favorites.   My kids hit the cousin jackpot....not just with these 3, but with their other three cousins too.  Eli adores ALL his cousins and gets so excited when he gets to spend any time with any of them.  We don't see them often (even though we all live close...this is something we should probably change!) but they all have a blast when they get together.  These two boys are something else.  Just 5 months apart, and silly as ever when they get together.  You should just hear the ridiculous knock knock jokes that come out of their mouths when they get together......

Happy Birthday Grandma!!

1 comment: