Wednesday, December 16, 2009

3 years

Three years ago today I married my best friend. Having known Brian for so long, it's so weird to think back to when we knew each other in high school. I never thought that someday I would be married to him. I always had a crush on him, thought he was very cute, and a ton of fun, but not my future husband. My how things change. And I'm very thankful for that too! I'm so thankful that God chose us for each other and the he reunited us in his perfect timing. It's crazy that it's already been 3 years; there are days when it seems like it happened just yesterday.

I'm so thankful for the amazing husband and father Brian is. He does so much for me and for Eli, I would never be able to thank him enough. He's a very devoted and loving man, and I consider myself the luckiest woman out there to have him as my husband. I'm thankful that he drags his butt out of bed everyday so that I can stay at home with our kids. I'm thankful that he puts up with my nagging and crazy moods at time. I'm so thankful for the love and patience he shows Eli (seems like he's even better on the days that I have none left). I'm thankful for the joy and laughter he brings into our home, for the weird night-time quirks (shaking me to wake me up just to wave hi, then rolling over and going back to sleep:)), for the help he gives when I ask, and even when I don't sometimes, for his easy-going, fun-loving spirit, and so much more. Not only did I gain a great husband when we married, I also gained an amazing family.

So thanks for the last three years babe. It's been an amazing three years, and I can't look forward to many many many more years to come with you!
This is Brian striking a pose at Thanksgiving as he was managing the boil pot. This is the crazy man that I get to experience everyday; never a dull moment in our lives. So glad to claim him as my husband:)

No comments:

Post a Comment