Saturday, December 5, 2009

Illuminations

Last night we braved the cold to go out to Botanica's annual Illuminations. We thought it would be a lot of fun since Eli is so crazy about all things Christmas right now. So, after dinner we all bundled up and headed to Botanica. Eli was cracking us up because he was so bundled up in the stroller that he couldn't hardly move. It reminded me of the kid on "A Christmas Story". He just sat there the whole time and hardly moved his head or anything at all. He seemed to enjoy looking at the lights, but he didn't chatter nearly as much as I thought he would. Of course, if i was strapped into a stroller and couldn't move because of all the coats and blankts piled on me, I would probably be silent too. It was the first time we have ever used gloves on him too. Surprisingly he kept them on. There were a few times that he tried to get them off, but he wasn't quite sure how to get his fingers working right with them on. Even though it was cold, it was a beautiful night and I was very thankful for the lack of wind. After we walked through and were throughly frozen, we went inside to get some cookies and listen to some Christmas music. We had a nice surprise and were able to see my Grandma Betty as well because she was volunteering at the cookie table. Now, that's my kind of place to volunteer:). I've decided that this will definitely have to be a yearly tradition for us now. Here's a few pictures of the fun at Botanica. Brian and I decided that the huge heaters they had set up around the gardens are one of the greatest inventions ever and would love one of those in our backyard. I could have probably stood under that all night.

And just because I think this is one of the most handsome boys ever, I had to take a picture of him looking all grown up in his khakis and button up shirt this morning. Of course, the goofy pose is a nice added touch. Every time I got the camera out to try to get a good picture of him in this new outfit, he would run away. This was the best I got. What a goof ball:)

And I figured I'd update the belly picture too. I've been trying to remember to take a new picture every 3 or 4 weeks so I have some fun ones to scrapbook. Just ignore the double chin in this picture though. Here I am at 34 weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment