Thursday, December 24, 2009

Out with the old....In with the new

I was finally able to convince Brian to paint our bedroom and bathroom! I'm so glad that I did. All I had to do was promise him Buffulo Wild Wings for lunch and a friend to give us an extra hand. Pretty simple demands I think. But, regardless, we did finally get out room and bathroom painted. It looks amazing and SO MUCH better. I never truly hated the color we had in there, but I just never really liked it. Now that it's al repainted, I realize how much I truly didn't like the old color. The new is definitely more our taste and looks so much better. It was actually kind of fun too. I don't mind painting, but it does get old after a while. This was a little bit bigger project than most because of all the taping that Brian and to do before. Oh, and painting the ceiling. I'm actually thankful Brian wouldn't let me up on the ladder for that part of the job. But he did an amazing job on it. So, here are some pictures of our before and after room paint makeover.

Before:





We finally got a little step stool to have around the house. Eli obviously had a ball on it. I think he thinks we bought it specifically for him. (Don't worry, he wasn't unsupervised.... I was right there ready to drop the camera and grab if he decided to come tumbling off)



Again with the ladders. We got a climber on our hands. This one is a little bit scarier to have him on, but at least it's not in the house on a regular basis.



After:





















We added the curtain rod and curtains over our glass block windows. Something Brian wanted to do that I didn't really care too much about, but it ended up looking amazing. Makes the whole room look a little bit warmer and roomier:)


Now that I have that project crossed off the list, we can move onto the next one! We do want to do some more painting in the kitchen, but I think it's very safe to say that I'm going to have to wait a couple of months to be able to get Brian to agree to that.





1 comment:

  1. My goodness. That old color looks so much different in pics than in real life!! Sheesh.

    ;)

    The new color is great! I give props to that friend who helped you out! She did a great job- especially with the edger! lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete