Saturday, January 9, 2010

Beautiful Wood Blinds

Well, we officially have our new wood blinds in. Joe from BayBay Home furnishings came over Thursday night to install them. He did a fantastic job and was very speedy about it. I don't know how long I thought it would take him to put them up, but he said it would only be an hour or an hour and a half. Pretty impressive. It would definitely take me way longer to do something like that. Of course, I'm pretty short so I would probably need a step stool to even reach half of the tops of the windows easily. Not to mention that I have no expertise in that area so they would probably look horrible anyways. Anyways.....we love the end result. They look amazing in the house and they are so nice to open up in the mornings. No more cord thrown over the top of the blinds. They still kind of throw me off sometimes. I'm so used to seeing the white blinds we used to have where it was all the way up or all the way down that it's weird to see something over the windows even when there is light streaming in.

Before:




After:










And here's an added bonus picture. I always think it is so cute when Eli sits or stands next to Brian to watch t.v. Brian was watching the championship college football game (no idea what that bowl is called: can't ever keep all of them straight) and Eli wanted to get in on the action. He loves to watch football. And of course, what's a good game without a good beverage (this was only water, but he still loves it). It's even better when he can be halfway undressed. Life doesn't get much better than this:)







1 comment:

  1. I'm diggin' the white curtains ;)

    Ah- and I LOVE the blinds!! They are on my wish list for our future home :D

    ReplyDelete