Sunday, January 17, 2010

Kamdyn Grace

Welp.....I'm a few days late, and pretty much all of you already know, BUT.......our newest joy is here.

Kamdyn Grace Hutton
12:05 pm Wednesday January 13, 2010
6 lbs 15 oz
19 1/2 inches long.

It's so exciting and kind of surreal to finally have our little girl here. It's even more odd to think about it when I consider the fact that I technically could still be pregnant. My "official" due date is still two days away. But, I'm very thankful that she's here in my arms now and not still inside. Her delivery into this world went very well too. I think it was even easier than Eli's and I had a really good experience with him. In fact, I don't think I will ever be able to live down the fact that I was knitting while I waited. But, I knew I would just be sitting around so I figured I might as well be productive and do something I enjoyed to pass the time. Judging from the picture of Brian and I with her after she was born, I probably should have taken a nap, but I'm just going to claim that that's my epidural induced face.

Our day started pretty early. I was up and around by 4. We had to be checked into the hospital by 5:30. So, after Mary arrived to keep an eye on Eli we headed out. We got all checked out and they started the pitocin to induce labor around 6:15. By 7:30 I still hadn't felt any contractions so I was getting kind of worried that I might be in labor all day long. But much to my surprise when the nurse came in to check on me around then she told me I was contracting consistantly every 2-3 minutes. AWESOME! Contractions that you can't feel are the best yet. So I just kept on knitting:). I will spare you all the gory details, but time passed and I was progressing fairly consistantly. They broke my water at 9:00 and I got an epidural and hour or so later. I was checked again around 11:15 and was dialted to a 6. Whew! Only four more centimeters to go. I figured I had at least another hour and half to two hours left before we met her. Well, about 30 min later I all of a sudden started feeling some pretty crazy contractions and pressure. So....they called the resident dr. back to check on me and I found out that I was fully dialted. This baby was ready to go! She paged Dr. Feuille and they monitered Kamdyn closely. Her heartrate dropped pretty low all of sudden. But they told me not to worry, that a lot of times when you change very quickly the baby reacts that way. But I did get a very cool oxygen mask to wear until she was born. Gotta have fresh oxygen for the baby. Her heartrate returned to normal pretty quick and we just kind of waited for Dr. Feuille. Well, he did end up making it, but not until right before he was born. He just kind of stood back a little bit and let the resident dr. finish up the delivery. And next thing I knew, Kamdyn was here!

It's been a very fast, yet very slow, last four days. It's so amazing to look down at our daughter and see her here in my arms finally after all this time. But.... it's also so weird and an adjustment again. I'm so used to our life with a 1 year old, it's odd to transistion back to life with a newborn. Especially with a 1 year old running around. Eli has transitioned amazingly well and better than I could have ever hoped for. I think I struggle the most because I feel like I'm not giving him enough or any attention. He doesn't seem to mind or notice, so I think it is more me just worrying about our first born. He seems to love his little sister and is very curious. It melts me heart to see him give her little kisses and get so excited to see her. We will see how long this stage lasts:).

I never thought:
*That I'd have a little girl
*That I'd deliver a baby under 7 1/2 lbs (and I figured I would get lucky if I even got a baby that small)
*That I'd ever deliver a baby that had dark hair (she doesn't quite fit in with all the little toe heads running around in this family. But I sure love it and wouldn't change it for the world. We will see if she keeps her dark hair or they turn to golden locks like her brother).
*That I would ever have a baby that actually favored me (those Hutton genes seem to be pretty dominant). But, I actually think Kamdyn favors me! Eli looks just like daddy, and I finally got my little look alike.

Our first family picture. Just ignore how tired or drugged I look ( I got up at 4:))
Beautiful little Kamdyn Grace

Cuddling with Daddy. A favorite time for both of them I think.
Getting her first bath. She didn't seem to mind it too much, but wasn't a total fan. I think she really just liked the heating lamps on the table. Maybe we just need some of those randomly placed throughout the house.
Daddy and Kamdyn for the first time. She's going to have her daddy wrapped around her little finger:)













Well that's all for now. I promise I have many more pictures, but my time is running out. Whoever decided that an hour or hour and half is enough time for naptime was wrong. Oh Eli, what happened to your 2 1/2- 3 hour naps? Mommy loved them so much more! Besides, I want you all waiting in anticipation for more to come:). So stay tuned!!







No comments:

Post a Comment