Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Clean Floors

Well..... I can officially have this baby; the house and floors are clean. I know that sounds totally ridiculous, but let me just explain myself. I've been so anxious to have this baby, and was always sort of hoping that I would just into labor on my own. I did with Eli, so I don't really know any other way yet. And I was just trying to be patient and accept God's timing. But......when Dr. Feuille talked about inducing me last week, I figured, what the heck, let's get this baby out of there. So, with my induction date set for Wednesday I kind of just got to where I was hoping that I would make it to that date. Like I said before, Eli was born on a Wednesday and on the 13th, so I thought that would be cool. And I thought about how nice it would be to just know that you were going to go in to have a baby. I could get up and get showered, make sure I had everything I needed, ect. Then I got to thinking about all the things I could still manage to get done. True to my OCD cleanliness I got to thinking about how nice it would be to have the house clean for the week and everything ready for me to be gone for a few days. So..... I went from hoping I'd go into labor on my own, to hoping I could just hold out 6 more days. I made it through the weekend (and B's test where I was under no circumstances allowed to go into labor) and through Monday. I got my usual cleaning done on Monday and even considered doing it all. But, I was too lazy and just decided to clean the floors like usual on Tuesday morning (hoping all the while that I didn't go into labor that night). It kind of got to be a joke around here. Brian was making fun of me and telling me that I would be having the baby in the middle of the night because it would tick me off so much to have to leave the house with dirty floors. He's right, it would have ticked me off. And, had I actually gone into labor, and it weren't for the fact that Eli would be sleeping, I probably would seriously consider cleaning them before we left for the hospital. Maybe it would have made the labor process go faster. Well, luckily for everyone, I didn't go into labor. Therefore I was able to finish getting the house cleaned up this morning. I feel much better about our floors and can now confidently leave them for a few days:). Again, I know that this is totally ridiculous, but I hate messes and dirt. It doesn't bother Brian much, so I would have come home from the hospital to an extremely messy house (or floors at least, the rest of the house was cleaned Monday). He would have spent his time at home playing/caring for Eli (which is the way it should be, floors don't really matter), but me, I'm a multi-tasker:) (it also helps that I get to play with Eli 7 days a week).

So.... now that we have a clean house, the bags are packed, the carseat/tub/and vibrating chair are finally out of the basement, I can have this baby.

I'm not real sure what to expect tomorrow. I'm hoping for a fairly fast delivery and that there are no complications. All that really matters is a healty baby. I can't wait to finally hold her in my arms (my back is going to appreciate the change very much so too!) and to have Eli meet his sister for the first time. I think one of the things I'm dreading most is being away from Eli. I'm just so used to being with him all the time and at least getting to see him for a little bit everyday. It's going to be very hard to leave the house in the morning. I know he's in great hands, but I'm going to miss that little man for the few days I'm in the hospital. It's definitely weird and surreal to think that in 24 hours we will have two kids (at least I really hope she is here by then). Eli will no longer be the only child or the baby and we are going to become a family of 4. I'm very excited and can't wait to experience the ups and downs of raising another baby. I just ask for prayers for a safe delivery for both of us and for a healthy baby. I pray that Eli adjusts well, as does the rest of the family. So for now, that's all. Wish me luck, and we will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment