Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Best Part About Snow

Two posts in one day! Pretty impressive. Just don't come to expect it:). I just gotta start the new year off right.

I think that snow is absolutely beautiful. However, I hate driving in it, and it doesn't even stay pretty for long because of all the cars on the road. It just turns into nasty, dirty, slushy mess after a little while. I've always said if there were a way to have it snow but just get it on the grass and off the roads, driveways, sidewalks, ect. it would be perfect, and beautiful to look at all the time. But I do have to admit, there is an added bonus of snow this year; Eli loves to play in it. I know we didn't get too much snow last night, but there was definitely enough to cover our driveway. And fortunately Eli is way to young to know the difference right now. So, we went out and bought a sled, or a saucer I guess I should say, this morning so we could have him try out sledding. He was too little to do anything like this last year, so it's been so fun to try new things with him this year. I wasn't sure how he would like it. Eli is an outdoor kid, but it was pretty cold this morning and I wasn't sure if he'd like that part. He loved it! He had a blast on the sled and would laugh the whole way down the driveway. It was very cute for sure. I especially love that when we were done sledding he decided that he should probably go mow the lawn. We don't want to grass to be neglected during the winter after all. Call it a little grass fluffing:). His grandpa Baker would be so proud. The best part about snow is watching Eli truly enjoy himself as he discovers it for the first time.











On another note, it is a new year. I've never been one for New Year's Resolutions mostly because I know that like most other people I won't keep them. But...... there are several things I would like to work on for 2010. I just think I will call them "self improvements" instead of New year's resolutions. Maybe this way I will be more likely to stick to them and truly "work" on the things I need to work on.



No comments:

Post a Comment