Monday, May 3, 2010

I hope someone finds this amusing

Oh, sweet Eli, you are one crazy toddler. I've decided that I apparently can't let you out of my sight for even one minute. Whenever I do, you are off getting yourself into some kind of mischief.

I was talking to Brian this morning on the phone. Eli had just gotten down from breakfast and was sitting on our ottoman in the living room reading a book. So I decided to go and get his room dusted while he was happy and Kamdyn was snoozing. Checked on him once(from a distance) and saw he had moved to the floor by the back door. I remember saying to Brian, "How cute, Eli is sitting in the sun by the door just like Jake does, reading a book." I went about my business finishing dusting. I didn't think anything about it until Eli comes wandering in his room to find me with a crayon in his hand and remains of it in his mouth. Reading a book like a good little boy, yeah right, Eli was eating his crayons. It's not like I just had them sitting in his arms reach either, they were one top of the table. That kid is getting quite the reach. Good thing they are non-toxic. I guess he didn't get enough at breakfast.

Later discovered that he also decided to be a little Picasso on the floor. He thought the floor was too boring, so he decided to add splash of color before he had a late morning snack of crayon.

He was such a big help tonight as well when he decided to pull out half of our wipes from their container.

As you know, I've got both kids in cloth diapers now. I've handled several of Kamdyn's poopy diapers since she's been in them for a few weeks, but I've never had to deal with Eli. Kamdyn is easy, all I have to do is throw it in the wash. Eli's poopy diapers actually have to be rinsed before they go in the wash. Well, he broke me in big time today. He didn't poop yesterday (his first day in the diapers), but he made up for it today. I can handle poop. I see a lot of it everyday, but I have to say, it was totally disgusting! I think this poopy diaper goes in Eli's top 10 grossest poops ever. Needless to say, I'm investing in a diaper sprayer ASAP (this is a sprayer that attaches to the toilet and you can spray the diapers directly in the toilet without having to touch or swirl it around in the water). I survived, but I hope Eli is a little bit nicer to mommy in the poop department until we get our sprayer and get it installed:)

Let's just say, I was glad when 8:30 and bedtime rolled around! Eli wears me out and down some days. Today was one of those days. If he survives his toddler years (or if I do might be more accurate) it might be a miracle.

Mom, if I was ever this ornery and into everything my little hands could reach, I apologize. And thanks for putting up with me!!

A few pictures for your viewing pleasure:

I don't know what it is about this laundry basket that Eli likes so much, but it keeps him entertained so I'm happy.
Love this girl. She always gives us the best smiles. She loves and soaks up any undivided attention she gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment