Thursday, May 13, 2010

Very first tutu

I have been wanting a tutu for Kamdyn pretty much since the minute we found out we were having a girl. Mainly because I think they are so darn adorable, but also because I secretly (well probably isn't really a secret) hope that Kamdyn will love dance as much as I do. I have been keeping my eyes whenever I'm in the baby clothes section. The problem is, I have a hard time finding one in a size that will fit her. She's a petite little thing, and most of the tutus I see in the stores start at the 6 or 9 month mark (she still fits into 0-3 months). So I just decided to do a little google search and see how hard it would be to make it myself. You can find directions for anything on the internet these days. I love it!!!! Turns out, making a tutu is not hard at all. I found several different sites with directions, but I settled for the one that didn't require any sewing. Even though I know how to sew and actually enjoy it, I was going for as simple as possible:). I got my tulle picked out and finished her first tutu in just a few hours (the tutorial said it only takes about 30 minutes, but I was a bit slow:)). Still, a couple of hours isn't bad. And the best part is, she should be able to wear this tutu for a while because it held together with a ribbon that you tie, so it can expand:). I could have easily made a ton of different colored ones for her because she looks so darn cute, but I stopped at one for now. Maybe I will make one with some new colors in a few years:)

Ok, this picture is obviously not of Kamdyn in her tutu, but I had to put one of Eli in here too. I made the mistake of putting Eli in Kamdyn's crib the other day when she was laying in there watching her mobile. Eli LOVED it. I took him out after a few minutes, but he wasn't real pleased with me for that. So he decided to take matters into his own hands. He discovered he could stand on the side of the crib so he was trying to climb in. Thankfully, he hasn't mastered that yet. Don't know what I will do when that happens! Gotta give him points for trying:)
Gosh I love this girl! She is such a happy little girl. She is full of smiles for anyone and just lights up whenever we talk to her. Plus, so looks so stinkin' cute in her tutu. I was pretty proud of myself. I may have a ballerina on my hands yet:)



No comments:

Post a Comment